Monday, May 3, 2010

Good Time in Greece

Well it's been a while since my last post, so I'm not sure if I will get everything into my blog. Greece has really been awesome. Everyone in our group is really cool and just generally we have a good group of people. Last weekend we went to Parga which was incredible. We were going to stay the whole weekend but the weather was crappy so we decided not to. Last week went by pretty fast, doing our usual day of Greek language, Greek and albanian relations, greek dance, and a greek culture class. We've been working out more but it's starting to get harder and harder with the heat, so hopefully I will be able to wake myself up and out of bed to run before class.


This past weekend we went to Thessaloniki which was so fun. We got to go to the beach on Saturday, of course I was covered head to toe in multiple layers of sun screen and I had to go in and out of shade, but it will still fun. We got to shop around a bit and I got to go to Starbucks which made me extremely happy. We had a great time going out as well. They had a booze cruise where we all just sat and drank beer at night and went on a boat tour around the city. All in all, it was a blast. However, for the record, never go to Club Vogue in Thessaloniki or Ioannina, it was a fail both times.

I'm not really sure what else to say, the time here has been flying by. We get to go on two field trips a week and the rest of the time we are in class, running, napping, or eating. It's hard to believe we are already half way done with our program. I'm so looking forward to traveling afterward, oh and I almost forgot, I can't wait to get my care package from my mom with some new books! What a luxury that has become. I keep telling everyone how excited I am for my books and it is so true. It is next to impossible to find a book in English over here that isn't a book for learning english. So if anyone wants to send something to Greece, send a book my way because I am going through them fast. Well I have to do some homework. I will try to update by blog more frequently, it's just hard to get motivation because all I think about is "who really wants to read my blog?" But I know it's nice for family and friends to get an update every once in a while so I will do that. Αντιο!

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment