Friday, April 9, 2010

Ioannina

It's been hard to post since we have been so busy, but here is a quick summary of what we have been doing. While we were in Athens, we spent about 18 hours a day eating, laughing, and spending time with Katlynn's family. It was such an unforgettable experience. We got gifts of jewelry and on of Katlynn's cousins gave us WONDERFUL haircuts so we could take something with us to remember her. I don't think they understand that we couldn't forget them and what they've given us. We got to go to the Acropolis museum, buy some gifts for friends, but mostly we just went with the flow. Wednesday we said goodbye and with heavy hearts went to our hotel to meet up with our group. We hung out and got some food then went to bed. The next morning we had to be at the bus station at 7:30 and managed to be the most haggard of the group, so I slept on the 6 hour bus ride. I have held my promise that when tired, I can sleep anywhere. I think Katlynn is starting to become concerned about my sleeping habits.

When we arrived in Ioannina it was like a ghost town. Half of the people started calling it Pullman, which was sad, because I really didn't want to come to Europe to stay in a Pullman like town. But then today we ventured out and it was AMAZING. The like is beautiful, there is so much shopping and fun stuff to do and our group is awesome. We walked about 4 miles, which kind of sucked since no one wore the right shoes, but we laughed and bonded the whole way. This experience is getting better and better by the day and I know when the time comes to leave we are all going to have a hard time saying goodbye. Off to take a shower, yeia sas!

T

No comments:

Post a Comment